Monday, August 06, 2007

Sketti face

When I was pregnant, Aaron and I spent a lot of time wondering what our baby would be like. We figured she'd have curly hair and blue eyes, but beyond that, it was all up in the air. So we'd conjecture based on our own likes and dislikes.

I remember one time we were at Buca di Beppo, a restaurant (for those who haven't been there) that serves family-style delicious, garlicky Italian food. I said to Aaron, "I'm pretty sure our baby will like to eat at Buca."

And although this wasn't at Buca, our first foray into pasta makes me think that I was right! She enjoyed picking up the spaghetti and managed to get a fair amount of it into her mouth. I got some in there, too. I didn't give it to her on a plate, because there's a picture of my sister about this age with a big plate of spaghetti dumped on her head. I did, however, make the rookie mistake of giving her the spaghetti after her bath... oops.

Maisie had her nine-month well child check today. For those following along at home, she's now 27.5" long (50th %ile) and weighs 17 pounds, one ounce (25th %ile). And her head circumference is in the 80th percentile! That's one great big melon she's got!

No comments: