Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nearly 9 months ago...

My mom took this picture of Maisie.

You can see all the monitors on her. Her left hand is wrapped up in gauze because she had to have an IV in. And you can't really tell, but she was in a big plastic bubble isolette. I never saw her in it - by the time I'd recovered from the C section enough that they could bring me down to the nursery, she was breathing room air.

We're in the time between 9 months from my due date and Maisie's actual 9 month birthday. This one seems like a pretty big milestone to me; soon Maisie will have been out in the world for as long, and then longer, than I was pregnant with her. As we approach that day I'm thinking a lot about my pregnancy, labor and delivery, remembering what it was like, the good and the bad.

As I recall, these ten days between due date and birth date were some really long days.

No comments: