Wednesday, August 06, 2008

This week

This week has been (is) a busy one. It's the Fringe Festival, yay! Which means that I'm often running off to see a show and leaving Aaron to do solo bedtime duty. Thanks honey! As mentioned before, it's also Aaron's last week of work, also yay!

Complicating those two yays are that our daycare providers have taken this week as a vacation. It's not that I begrudge them the time off - heaven knows they've got a tough job, and I certainly need vacations from my job too. But it's just poorly timed for us, since Aaron can't really take much time off and I can't either, as one other attorney in our (small) office is already out.

So what this means is that we've been cobbling together daycare, thanks mostly to my family. Maisie hung out Monday and yesterday with Auntie Laura and Dylan, and she's with my mom today and Friday. Aaron conveniently has a use-it-or-lose-it personal day to burn, so he's home with Maisie on Thursday.

All this ALSO means that I do not have recent pics! So, I'm going to illustrate a story with older pictures that I just got (so they're new to me!) from Uncle Chris. Thanks Chris!

When we left this morning, my mom and Maisie were talking about going to a park.

She was very excited! As soon as my mom mentioned it, she said "shoes! hat!" and ran to get and put on those items. It was really cute. She loves to slide, and swing, as you can see!

The only thing she doesn't really like about the park is that sometimes, you have to share the swings. Sorry kiddo!

1 comment:

Aaron Leichter said...

That picture of Sad Maisie is awesome! Some days I feel exactly like that, & I pout so much you could land a plane on my lower lip. It's now the photo on my computer's desktop.