Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween!

As you may know, Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I had high hopes of passing this love of all things Halloween on to Maisie. But unfortunately, it turns out she has been afraid of all her costumes. Last year she refused to wear the shark costume we got her. This year I went for something less objectively scary, but no luck: she said her panda costume was too scary, and totally refused it.

She partially relented after seeing her daycare friends dressed up, and after I explained that trick or treating requires a costume. She agreed to wear the hat, but not the rest of the costume. So, this is Maisie semi-dressed up as a panda.

She also insisted on carrying her "I'm voting for kids!" fan.

Skeptical as she was about costumes, Maisie got the hang of trick or treating really quickly. We didn't hit too many houses, just a few friends in the neighborhood, but she enjoyed it a lot. She was really good about saying "TREAT!!" and even said thank you after she got her candy. Then she had Kit Kats for dinner, and cried the next morning when we said she had to eat cereal, not Whoppers, for breakfast.

At least Halloween only comes once a year!

P.S. Can you believe Maisie turns 2 on Monday?? It's absolutely nuts to me, that she's been with us for so long! It seems like only yesterday that we were staying up all night with her, watching endless reruns of Lou Dobbs and Larry King on CNN and wishing she would sleep for four hours straight. But at the same time, I can hardly remember life without her. What did I do with all my free time??

No comments: