Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba!

I know I've mentioned one of Maisie's favorite shows, Yo Gabba Gabba, on here a few times. For those who aren't familiar, it's a music-based kids show. Every show teaches a different lesson, such as "making new friends can be scary but is worth it," "being different is what makes us all special," and "don't bite your friends." Each show also has plenty of music, and the main character, DJ Lance Rock, frequently reminds us that "Singing and dancing to music is awesome!"

So, last weekend Yo Gabba Gabba was appearing live at the Target Children's Book Festival! We had to go.

DJ Lance Rock was there!


So was Brobee!


Maisie danced and danced.



Dylan thought the music was too loud!

(He did have fun, and danced a lot too! But I thought this picture was too funny to keep to myself.)

3 comments:

Clare said...

I'm jealous you got to see DJ Lance.

Immediately I started singing, "I'm so sorry" in my head. Then I thought about the one where Jack Black get's to be DJ Lance. And then I showed Maya and she said, "Gabba, Gabba."

Anonymous said...

Maisie's first concert! Awesome!

Love to all,
Grandma Jo

Amy said...

YOU were the first person to ever mention YGG to me (I recall I didn't know what it was back when you were explaining it), and I now babysit for a 2 year old boy who is INSANE for YGG -- he asks to watch it every time I come over (and, strangely, his mom says that I'm the only adult he watches it with -- he doesn't want YGG with anyone else. I have no idea why I was Chosen to be blessed this way.). I could live without Brobee, Foofa, Muno, Toodee and Plex, but I DO think DJ Lance is kind of hilarious, and I love some of the special guests (The Shins!!! Amy Sedaris!!! Melora Hardin!!) and animations. Sometimes as I make my lunch, I find myself mumbling "there's a party in my tummy...so yummy...so yummy..."