Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunny Sculpture Garden

Last Sunday was really beautiful... hard to believe it's only April, when the temperature gets up towards 70! So we decided that a picnic lunch at the Sculpture Garden would be a great thing to do.

We found a lovely place to picnic not too far from Spoon Bridge & Cherry. I wanted to get a great picture of the girls with that iconic image in the background. Too bad for me, the girls didn't want to cooperate...

Instead, I got a lot of pictures like this:


And this:


So, not really a success... now I understand why professional photographers earn the fees they do!

Maisie and I set off to explore other sculptures in the Garden,


while Aaron and Ella finished up the picnic in a sculpture's shade.

So although I didn't get the photographs I wanted, we still had a great time. We'll definitely be back, and maybe the girls will cooperate with my "SMILE! SAY CHEESE! LOOK AT THE CAMERA!" commands next time... I can hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautiful day and a great picnic spot. Those girls are too cute!
Grandma Jo

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! I have my share of those kind of pictures too--mostly of this generation of kids. I probably tossed the ones of you like that--so all I have are posed unhappy looking girls! This is way better!
Gramma Liisa