Monday, September 20, 2010

Farmer's Market

Last Saturday, Maisie, Aaron, Gramma Liisa, and Dylan went bowling at the Bryant-Lake Bowl. Ellie and I thought about going too, but decided that perhaps a tightly crowded restaurant/bowling alley/cabaret theater isn't the best place to take an antsy toddler with more mobility than sense. So instead, she and I decided to go to the Midtown Farmer's Market.

I was planning on picking up apples for making applesauce, so I made sure she was wearing the apple hat her Grandma Jo made. I also wanted tomatoes for canning. But Ella was enamored of these beautiful winter squash called Sunset...

So we had to get one of those first.

We did stop by the awesome local apple orchard table and bought a whole lot of apples, which Ella also got excited about.

Maybe it's just that she really likes applesauce!

After we got over our joy about the apples and squash, we were able to listen to the Danish folk music that was being played, which Ella also really enjoyed.

It was a chilly morning, but very fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sthere anything besides diaper changing that she isn't passionately joyful about? What a wonderful way to view life. She's such a doll.
Gramma Liisa

kati said...

Wow, she is so cute! I'm a little envious of the chilly factor (but I definitely won't be in a few months!) We're still hitting 90 degrees here. Ugg.

So want our girls to meet!! Maybe they should have a joint birthday party at reunion.

Anonymous said...

We went to that same Farmer's Market when we were in Minneapolis for Labor Day weekend! Ha. I really liked it and got some great cantaloupe.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute, she ought to be illegal!

Grandma Jo

Anonymous said...

I just realized when I'm getting weary of the world, I con look at the blog and be revived by my two little free spirits. What a gift!
G.L.