Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend photo roundup

I hope everyone had a great weekend and aren't too sleepy on this post-DST "spring ahead" Monday.

Our weekend started off in less-than-stellar fashion, with Maisie getting some sort of tummy bug and throwing up in her bed Friday night. Not to worry - she's totally fine now, and I'm not sharing any pictures of it! So our Saturday was pretty low key...we just hung around the house, just in case there was going to be a repeat. But fortunately it was a one-time event. So Sunday, we got out and about!

We started the morning playing outside. Aaron and the girls have built an AMAZING snow fort in the back yard out of giant snowballs. Maisie wants to turn it into an igloo, but I don't know if the snow will last long enough for them to do that.


Even if it doesn't fully become an igloo, it's still pretty fun for them to play in and on!


Then, Sunday afternoon, a parenting group I belong to had a meetup at Edinborough Park!

You might remember Edinborough as the place where we had Ella's 3rd birthday party. It's not one of our regular play spaces (mainly because we're members elsewhere, so we tend to go places where we don't have to pay admission, like the zoo or the children's museum), so it's always kind of a treat to go there.
The girls ran and jumped and slid and climbed and then did it all again! It was a lot of fun for all of us... they enjoyed playing, and I enjoyed talking to the other moms and dads.

After two and a half hours of that, we were tired out and ready to eat, so we went to Pizza Luce.
A highlight of this trip was Ella's discussion of tattoos with our server, after asking to see his heavily tattooed arms:

"I know how to do children's tattoos. You put it on your arm, and then someone gets a washcloth and they push it on, and then you peel off the paper! My mommy has grownup tattoos. They push them in your skin with needles! When I'm a grownup I'm going to get grownup tattoos, but not yet. Right now I just get children's tattoos."

Ella, future tattooed lady (Maisie took this picture)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I love Ella's discussions. She explained the digestive system to me while I was keeping her company, at her invitation, in my bathroom Friday.

Gramma Liisa

Anonymous said...

Love those girls!

Grandma Jo