Monday, January 14, 2008

Trixie's shower

Yesterday we went to a baby shower, hosted by our friends Erica and Joe and in honor of our friends Bethany and Patrick, who are expecting a little girl, to be named Beatrix (Trixie!).

Maisie was a little shy when we got there, because there were a lot of people (and kids!) there already. It was a little chaotic! Even though we knew most of the people there, it took her a little while to relax and get comfortable.

A little time... and a little food helped, too. She ate some delicious yogurt with berries in it, and sampled various yummy baked goods. That also helped her get comfortable with the group, because how can you be shy when there are cupcakes?

We are very happy for Bethany and Patrick, and can't wait to meet Trixie! That little girl is so advanced, she isn't even born yet and she already has a blog... you can check out the link to the left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maisie has sure grown up! What a beautiful family. Leah--I'm in NY now, going to law school. Tell Maisie I say hello!
love,
Abi

bethanyg said...

Trixie says:

I'm so advanced I've sussed the comment section! Thanks for coming yesterday -- I can hardly wait to play with Maisie. Now, if I could just figure out how to get out of here...must keep going *up* but I run into something...

Anonymous said...

After stumbling upon your blog in a search for baby "Maisie"s online, my 2 year old daughter, Maisie, and I have been "reading" it for last 20 minutes. Thank you for having such a fun blog with so many wonderful photos!

--Maisie and her mom