Thursday, April 17, 2008

Camera fun

I was trying to take a picture of Maisie playing tonight, but for the first time, she was really interested in the camera. I said, "Sit down, Maisie! Smile for the camera!" She obediently sat, then immediately jumped right up to look at the screen. So we took a self-portrait: Maisie and her mama.

She liked looking at the screen at the pictures we took. It reminded me of how when my mom takes a picture of Dylan with her film camera, he'll immediately demand to see the picture. "It's not that kind of camera," she has to explain. Barring a serious interest in photography, I wonder if Maisie will ever have a camera with actual film?

I think it's funny that digital cameras are what Maisie will immediately think of for "camera," much in the same way that it's funny that she may never see a corded, rotary phone. I wonder what kind of camera she'll use to take pictures of her kids? My phone with camera and email still kind of seems like something out of a James Bond movie to me!

No comments: