Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Monkey!

I made Maisie a monkey!

Front view:


I made one with a bright pink sweater for Maisie's cousin-to-be when we were in Iowa, and had to made one for Maisie too. Grandma Jo supplied the yarn. Thanks Jo!

Isn't it cute? I think there might be more monkeys in the works, just as soon as I get some more brown yarn. They work up pretty quickly, and are fun to make. But I have used up all my brown yarn!

The only thing I might change is that I feel like the sweater is kind of short. I keep wanting to tug it down, and that's not really possible. Perhaps this monkey needs some pants.

Side view:


Anyway, overall I really think it turned out well, and am happy with the monkey. Generally I am really enjoying this newfound craftiness. And don't worry - I promise, the next post will have pictures of Maisie, who last weekend learned how to say "hi." I just had to show off my monkey.

5 comments:

kari said...

Holy crap with the cuteness!

Anonymous said...

It's adorable, Leah, and a darned good job too!

Jo

Liza said...

holy crap that is freakishly cute!

bethanyg said...

It is VERY cute, though animals wearing only shirts (ie no pants) give me the heebie jeebies.

Aaron Leichter said...

That's pretty damned cute, but he definitely needs some pants. Or a diaper.