Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Christmas surprise

Hi all! We've been so busy celebrating over here that we haven't had time to update. Maisie's had so many Christmases, I think she thinks we're celebrating Hannukah. We started with Aaron's family celebration in Iowa, continued with my family on Christmas Eve, and wrapped it up at home on Christmas day. Of course, we're going to holiday parties today and tomorrow too, so the celebrations just continue.

One of Maisie's favorite gifts has been a Play-Do set from Auntie Laura and Dylan that came with pieces she could use to punch out letters and numbers. When we were playing with it, I wrote a message to Aaron.

Ha ha! Just kidding! That's not really how I told him.

Really, though, if all goes well Maisie will be a big sister this summer! I am 14 weeks pregnant today, and so far everything looks good. Our due date is June 27, though we'll be scheduling a C section, so actual baby arrival will probably be a week or so beforehand. We don't yet know the sex, but we're definitely planning on finding out.

We've started talking to Maisie about being a big sister. I'm not showing (too much) yet, though, so it's pretty abstract. She seems sort of enthusiastic when we talk about it, but I'm not sure how much she really understands. I think we're all in for some big changes this summer!

1 comment:

gerkat said...

Big SQUEEEE! Really happy and excited for you guys!