Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crafty interlude 2

Poor Maisie is sick with a tummy bug! You don't want to see pictures of that. So instead, some recent crochet projects.

My friend Sarah and I decided to crochet scarves for the Special Olympics this year - they are trying to get enough handmade scarves to give one to each athlete and person traveling with the athlete.

They specified the yarn to use, but aside from that it's up to you... knit/crochet, any size/pattern, just as long as it's handmade.

These were my contributions! The last one with the flowers looks better on than it does spread out on the back of the couch.

We sent the scarves off yesterday, with congrats and good luck wishes to the athletes.

Recently my friend Bethany (Trixie's mama) gave me a huge box of yarn odds & ends that were her mother's. She thought I might like them for little crocheted projects and toys.

I used a bunch of the yarns, and made Trixie a Socktopus! I got the idea from a knit pattern I saw recently. I don't knit, so I just had to fake it, but I am pretty happy with the result. It was very cute!

Think healthy thoughts for us, and hopefully we'll have some cute new Maisie pics for you soon!

2 comments:

gerkat said...

Socktopus is adorable!

I hope Maisie feels better soon.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!