Monday, January 19, 2009

Conversations with Maisie

Maisie's language skills are exploding, and every day she surprises us with new words in new combinations. Today, for instance, we were at my mom's house. We asked Maisie if she wanted to go home to play with our kitties (my mom's cats aren't too playful). She replied, "Go home play my kitty!" Okay! She's only recently begun stringing together five-word sentences so this was great!

She still comes out with some stumpers, though. Yesterday Aaron and I were in the living room, and Maisie was playing in her room. We heard some somewhat alarming thumpy noises. So like the lazy parents we are, instead of getting up to see what was going on, Aaron said "Maisie? What are you doing?" She said, "Door!" He said, "I need you to tell me what you're doing in a sentence." She replied, "Nine ten sandwich."

Uh, okay. (It turns out she was pulling books off her bookshelf...)

Unrelated cute pic of Maisie curling up to read one of those books. Because that story was too funny not to share, and every post needs a pic.

And, what's better on a snowy January day than curling up with a good book?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think curling up with a good book at big bird is better than anything. In fact, I'm curled up with him right now.

Clare said...

Clare here:

oh sorry, anonymous was me not some scary Maisie stalker.

Anonymous said...

I love her reading corner! She looks so comfy.
Grandma Jo