Sunday, February 01, 2009

A poll, and two year old fashion

Maisie is convinced that we're going to have a boy. If you ask her about the baby in mommy's tummy, she says "I have a brother! Baby boy!!" She's so certain about this that our daycare provider asked me if we'd found out the baby's sex early, because Maisie had been talking all day about her baby brother.

Well, we haven't found out yet, but we're going to - Monday morning! So if you have a guess, leave it in the comments. Maisie, Dylan, and Aaron think boy; my sister thinks girl; I have no feeling about it one way or the other. I'll post the results tomorrow and we'll see who's a good guesser!

A few posts ago I showed you what happens when Maisie picks her hat. Well, recently she has started getting very vocal about her entire outfits.

Yesterday she insisted on wearing a shirt with polka dots in primary colors, along with pink and red striped pants and a hot pink hat that I made for her. We tried to convince her to wear a different shirt (she loves those pants), but no dice. She got a lot of smiles at the zoo.

Today, we went to the children's museum.

Maisie wore the same pants with her pumpkin hat and a red striped dress. Her outfit was only slightly less crazy looking.

I feel like if we really wanted to, we could get Maisie to wear less flamboyant outfits. Maybe we could buy all matching clothes, or something. But I feel like as long as she's dressed appropriately for the weather outside, we're okay. And honestly, I kind of love how colorful and bright her clothes are - I feel like it matches her personality!

3 comments:

gerkat said...

I vote for boy, simply because I have lots of cute boy clothes you can borrow!

Maisie is so fashion forward. Pretty soon the Hollywood starlets are going to appear in magazines dressed in polka dots and stripes!

kati said...

It totally matches her personality!

I'll guess girl. The honeys need more girls. :)

I find out Friday, any return guesses for me?

Liza said...

I'm going with boy...just a guess.