Sunday, April 05, 2009

pregnancy update

Sorry for the delay between posts... we haven't had a lot of great picture-taking opportunities here. Maisie rarely stops moving - this picture is one of the clearer ones I've taken of her lately!

She's in a bounce house at Edinborough, an indoor play park nearby where our friend Oliver celebrated his 3rd birthday today.

Anyway, when she's not moving, we've been working on potty training! She's a little young yet, but she showed a lot of interest, so we're letting her run with it. It's tremendously exciting for us to think that we won't have two in diapers. But at the same time, spending 20 minutes reading to Maisie while she sits on the potty isn't super exciting to most people, and definitely isn't the kind of thing I want to be taking lots of pictures of. So I'll spare you the details, and leave it at: potty training is in progress, and going really well.

Speaking of two in diapers, I'm now 28 weeks pregnant. Gratuitous belly shot:

28 weeks generally marks the beginning of the third trimester. Yay, the end is in sight! This hasn't been the greatest pregnancy for me - I'm a lot bigger than I was with Maisie, at least so far, and I'm definitely feeling it... I'm fairly uncomfortable in some ways that I never was with Maisie, and we still have 11 weeks to go (c section is scheduled for June 22, at 39 weeks). So I'm excited to meet our new baby girl (I told you it's a girl, right? because it's a girl!), and to be a mommy again, but I'm also really looking forward to not being pregnant.

I realize that the front view may not look too big - at dinner last weekend, a friend said "But you're so small! Why are you so small??" I told her that it certainly didn't feel small to me! But check out the belly from the side!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "the belly" is beautiful.

Grandma Jo

clare said...

Umm, you're tiny. It depresses my greatly. I was huge.

Anonymous said...

Our miss Ella is definitely throwing her weight around. Looks like Maisie enjoys the bouncy space as much as she did the Ball space on Saturday!

Gamma Liisa

Liza said...

OMG, I was huge by this time in my pregnancy and you...well you just look lovely. Sorry you aren't feeling so great, but you look wonderful as does the blurry Maisie...I do love 2 1/2 year-olds.