Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Princess skirt!

Yesterday was my and Aaron's dating anniversary - 9 years! Mom babysat and we went out to a movie. Before we left, we told her we were coming home after she was asleep, but Maisie was apparently still very forlorn at bedtime. My mom reports that she said "My daddy lost. My mommy gone. My daddy gone. My mommy lost." over and over. How sad! Then this morning, she asked "Where my grandma go?"

When my mom arrived, she had a present she'd made for Maisie: a "princess skirt"! She made it out of sparkly blue net, a big satin ribbon at the waist, and attached all sorts of little sparkly things to the net layers.

Maisie loved it, put it on immediately, and danced around the living room. She also slept snuggled up with it last night. Then when she got up this morning, she did the same thing!

She did eventually stop dancing to play with her blocks, so I managed to get a better picture of her in the skirt - I think you get the idea.

(cell phone pics, excuse the poor quality)

5 comments:

kati said...

Wow- 9 years! That's awesome- many congratulations!

kati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron Leichter said...

That's about the saddest thing I've ever heard a kid say. Maisie sounds so forlorn!

bethanyg said...

Do they make princess skirts in adult sizes?

Anonymous said...

The important thing about the forlorn comments was that they were a ploy to make grandma sad and read even more stories! And to prolong the going to bed routine--and I have the softest heart in the known universe, but I could see right through it!
Grandma J.