Thursday, July 09, 2009

Picture post

I don't really have it together enough right now to write a coherent post, so here are some cute pictures to tide you over, until I get some sleep!

Also: because I am delinquent in writing thank yous - THANK YOU to the Ely J's for the Target card - it has turned into some very useful diapers and wipes. And THANK YOU to Cathy C for the book - I love the Finn family Moomintroll, but we did not have any picture books! It's now in our regular bedtime reading. Maisie really enjoys it. And finally, THANK YOU to my Portland honeys for the beautiful handmade gifts! You are all incredibly thoughtful.


Maisie and Aaron peeking out of a giant tire at the Children's Museum. The display says it's from a tractor, but it reminds me of the tires from the huge mining trucks on the Iron Range. Although, those tires were actually much bigger, now that I think about it!

(Yes, I see the "One person at a time" sign behind the two of them... we noticed it afterwards, in the picture. Oops!)


Laura and Dylan invited us over to their house for supper a few days ago. It was really hot, so we ate in the backyard. Dylan was delighted to help give Ella a bottle! He really enjoyed helping out with Maisie when she was little, and I was happy to see that he still wanted to help take care of the baby, even as a big kid of almost 6.

When Maisie saw Dylan feeding Ella, she wanted to help too, but she doesn't quite have the patience yet. Soon enough, though, I'm sure!

Ella seemed to enjoy the bottle process too, even though it seemed like she got as much of the milk on her as in her. By the time she was done, her onesie was soaked!


Sisters! Or, as Maisie says, "That my baby stisser!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I now have Dylan and Ella as a screensaver! He'll be thrilled.

Gramma lLiisa

ccombs said...

I thought Maisie would like the book, and perhaps Dylan as well. Ella will grow into it. Cathy