Sunday, October 18, 2009

Home!

So, our Ella was really, really sick.

She woke up early Tuesday morning with a high fever, so she and I were off to the ER while Aaron stayed home to care for Maisie. Ella had bacteremia, a bacterial blood infection. It was really scary, but she is much better after 2 1/2 days in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics. As you can see, her whole left hand and forearm were all taped up to protect her IV... she kept sucking on her hand and trying to get the tape off.

She had a really high fever, which is gone, and she finally seems like herself again - she wants to play and have fun, whereas when she was sick, she wasn't playful or laughing at all.

We are all so glad that Ella is home!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those last two pictures are so beautiful they make me cry. I can't tell you how relieved I am.

Grandma Jo

gerkat said...

I love the last two pictures too. (Even the first one is good - that's some powerful cute if she can look that adorable even in the hospital.) I'm so glad she's home and you're all reunited.

Clare said...

She is sooo bloody cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing siblings so bonded.
And I love those siblings soooo much!
Gramma Liisa