Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time (again!) to eat the donuts.

One of my new favorite things is food trucks. (That sentence seems weird but I don't know how to fix it. Food trucks are among my favorite things, perhaps? anyway...) There's been an explosion of food trucks recently. It's not just hot dogs any more! Tacos, sushi, bahn mi, kebabs... you can get almost anything from a food truck in downtown Minneapolis. One of the first food trucks I knew about was the Chef Shack. It's so awesome. It does the farm-to-table thing, using fresh and local ingredients to make its delicious, delicious food. I particularly love their Moo Me sandwich, which is like a Thai spiced meatloaf sandwich. Yum yum yum.

So on Saturday we were going to the Mill City Museum. But the girls were hungry, and we were early, so we swung over to the Mill City Farmers Market. And when I saw that big red truck I knew I had to stop by! I got some delicious breakfast tacos with eggs, beans, cheese, and a crazy good salsa. Maisie had french toast (yum). But Ella wanted only one thing:


Mini donuts.

Ella was so focused, I couldn't get her to look up for a picture. But with good reason: Chef Shack's mini donuts are the best EVER.

Go get some!

(Ha! I just realized I had written an identically-titled post last month, also with pics of Ellie chowing down on donuts. She is quite the donut conniseur!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Or girls... They are delicious doughnuts--I filched a few...
Gramma Liisa