Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, and happy spring!

We went over to Gramma J's for brunch today, where Maisie got an Easter basket! It was full of yummy treats and fun little toys.

When we got home, Maisie had fun sharing the yellow paper "grass" from her basket with the kitties. She started out trying to tickle their noses with it, but ended up just putting it on the chair they were sitting on.

As you can see, she thought this game was hilarious!

Gramma J made Maisie the cute little dress she's wearing, by the way!

It hasn't been much of a spring so far - we got at least four inches of snow over the last few days. I've been spending my time indoors, when not chasing after Maisie, by learning to crochet.

I managed to make some things that are gifts, and those pics will get posted when the receipients receive them, so as not to give away the surprise! I also made some little Easter eggs and a ducky for Dylan. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of them today... but I did just finish up a little bunny. Isn't it cute?

I am especially proud of the tail, which was my own idea, not even on the pattern! Look at me being creative!

It was remarkably easy to do. I am really enjoying this new crafty hobby. I can't wait to get better at it, and make lots of little toys for all the little ones I know!

2 comments:

LaelR said...

What a wonderful bunny! I haven't ever crocheted anything more than a blanket. I love it - maybe you can teach me how?

Liza said...

I can attest to your fabulous crocheting skills. Thank you so much for the beautiful blanket and hat. Rob tried to wear the hat, but I think it only fit on one of his ears. We were planning on calling to say thank you today (received the gifts yesterday), but in case we miss you all, wanted to send a great big thank you. What special gifts, Emi is kicking me in the gut as I write this so I think she is saying thanks as well.